Greetings to the readers! This is going to be my first ever blog in SL and RL. In short, I'm very very new to this so please bear with me. I love being on SL. I love exploring, meeting people and learning languages (which is actually my main goal in coming to SL). I am sure everyone would agree with me that SL is a gateway to meet different kinds of people, some can be nice and some are not so nice and still find them interesting. These things make SL experience more exciting just like the real world that we live in.

To start with, I am going to share with you some pointers about health which I think is just right for each and everyone of us. I know that we are supposed to tell or share things about SL but I suggested that we should also have some blogs that will focus or deal with our RL physical body. With a healhty RL body you will have more energy and be mentally equippped to enjoy and deal with SL drama ..LOL

Kidding aside, I would like to hear from you, what health issues or updates of anything that you think is interesting and that is needed by your body. I promise that I will try my very best to look for any solutions or research alternative solutions for your health concerns. Let's have a two-way interaction where you give me a situation or a health concern and I will be your researcher (which I am very willing to do). But mind you, I will just be a friend who will help you look for possible solutions that are out there, not your doctor. Real doctors are there to help you and me for the big issues.

Basically, every week I will also be putting some health tips that will be of interest and benefit to everyone. This week our topic will be about our eyes.

The eyes are the windows to our soul, they let us see the beauty of our surroundings, the people we love and of course we wont be able to enjoy SecondLife without good eyesight too so they deserve to be treated with care and love.

The following are some tips on how to take care of your very beautiful eyes and I am doing this because we don't want to lose you in the SecondLife. It wouldn't be the same without you (ummm I think .. LOL) So here goes .....

1-Eat lots of fruits & veggies! Carrots, loaded with beta carotene are especially helpful in maintaining healthy eyes.(very helpful to students who are going to have their periodical exams)
2-Avoid wearing contact lenses for more than 19 hours. This can cause permanent sight damage as well as extreme discomfort. (I agree , or it will crawl to the back of the eyes, LOL)
3-Use allergen-reducing eye drops sparingly. Using an allergen-reducing eye drop during allergy season to 'get the red out' and sooth itchiness may help on a limited basis, but chronic daily use can actually make the problem worse.
4-Read the labels of eye drops carefully; many drops cannot be used while wearing contacts.
5-Press cold cucumber slices gently against eyes 10 minutes before going to sleep at night to prevent puffiness.
6-Wear UV protective sunglasses. Get polarized lenses, NOT just darker lenses. The lenses that only make the world darker will just make your pupils dilate and don't do a thing to stop the UV rays. Prolonged exposure to UV rays can harm your eyesight, protection in youth can help prevent loss of eyesight in later years.(yeah, one pair of sunglasses worth one car, I think I'll just let myself go blind when I get old , LOL)
7-Try not to spend so much time looking at your computer screen. (Im playing SL, stop me! LOL) Seriously, if you normally spend hours working or playing at the computer, use a filter glare screen and give your eyes to relax for 15 minutes for every 1 hour, as you do stare at objects that are green or just look outside the window and appreciate the pretty trees, not the ladies who passes by they will give you more eye pains LOL)
8-Be sure to wear goggles or other eye protective wear when working with chemicals or any place with harmful airborne particulates.
9-Dont ever rub your eyes when you have something in your eye!
10-Exercise your eyes, and be sure to relax them too! (I'm thinking, how i can flex my eyes or stretch using them? LOL )

hope you liked it and didnt get you bored :) :) , til next time